Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Aircraft Carrier sized UFO Filmed in Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jupiterbeingsOffline
Grey
Total posts: 26
PostPosted: 02-09-2013 15:22    Post subject: Aircraft Carrier sized UFO Filmed in Australia Reply with quote

Incredible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FryZrDKwv_o
Human_84Offline
We wont hurt you human.
Total posts: 1434
PostPosted: 02-09-2013 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

It apparently jumps around on screen in relation to the stars, meaning it wasn't an effect of the camera being bumped but of the craft's motion itself. Am I understanding that correctly or misunderstanding it?
linesmachineOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1053
PostPosted: 28-10-2013 08:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, I have the same question as human_84. Several times the object suddenly moves so fast across the sky it draws a blurred motion in the camera. It doesnt seem to have particular purpose to it's eratic movement.

Also surprised this hasnt drawn mroe comments. It looks quite plausible. Very plausible actually.
Human_84Offline
We wont hurt you human.
Total posts: 1434
PostPosted: 28-10-2013 09:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 2nd look, it seems that the video is cut right at the point the craft "moves" because you'll notice the stars fading out at that same moment. I'm really betting on the motion blur coming from the operator bumping or readjusting the camera. That being said I only re-watched the beginning of the video and didn't review the whole thing on my 2nd viewing today.
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
Total posts: 24067
PostPosted: 28-10-2013 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO bored by this type of Lights In The Sky video clip.

How does he know it's the size of an aircraft carrier? Did he line up several destroyers for comparison? Maybe it's the size of Wales - many things are, allegedly! Wink

Did he do any research into what satellites other than the ISS might have been visible?

"I'm really betting on the motion blur coming from the operator bumping or readjusting the camera." That's what it says on the video!

"It looks quite plausible. Very plausible actually." Very plausible as what? An aircraft carrier? Wales? A previously undiscovered asteroid or comet? An aircraft of some sort?

It's a jerky piece of night-time video which is dead boring. Without additional information (about the equipment, operator, date, time and location), it tells us nothing.
MythopoeikaOffline
Boring petty conservative
Total posts: 9988
PostPosted: 28-10-2013 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

rynner2 wrote:
"It looks quite plausible. Very plausible actually." Very plausible as what? An aircraft carrier? Wales? A previously undiscovered asteroid or comet? An aircraft of some sort?

Wales, I'd say.
CavynautOffline
Skoumed!
Total posts: 1990
PostPosted: 29-10-2013 03:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Do asteroids light themselves up? Moving pretty fast to be a comet. If it was an aircraft, then its lights were unusual to say the least. Another satellite might well be the answer, but I would imagine that it would be pretty straightforward to find out.

Any ideas on what else it might have been?
AzraelOffline
Grey
Total posts: 12
PostPosted: 04-12-2013 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Rynner said. This is pi55-poor stuff. I was expecting to see basically an alien USS Nimitz parked over the Sydney Opera House. Not a lens-flarey, blurry blob on night-vision cameras, wobbling vaguely about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: