Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Beautiful thylacine photo pops up on Google.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - mystery quadrupeds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2334
PostPosted: 21-10-2013 16:28    Post subject: Beautiful thylacine photo pops up on Google. Reply with quote

I've no idea how old this picture is but I think it's one of the most beautiful photos I've seen. It can't have been around long, as it pops up now in the images section for the search term 'Tasmanian wolf pictures', and believe me I've looked at those results many, many times over the years.

Anyway here it is;

http://images.library.amnh.org/digital/archive/files/c32068835825445df9bb49b066095913.jpg
SameOldVardoger
Great Old One
PostPosted: 04-12-2013 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page not found. Sad

But I found this: http://images.library.amnh.org/digital/items/show/8493
Human_84Offline
We wont hurt you human.
Total posts: 1454
PostPosted: 06-02-2014 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

The museum of natural history in New York City is a curious place if you ever go looking for the Tasmanian tiger specimen. I've tried twice, and on both occasions found myself in the presence of mystified museum workers who'd never heard any of the names I listed, and on both occasions gave me the "wait here, I'll go check" routine while they connected with higher level museum staff, always returning back to say they had no specimen, even in a back room or storage area.

The page not found message is quite ironic for me.
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2334
PostPosted: 06-02-2014 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is Human,

http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/revotisThartmannIII/media/thylacineoct13_zpsbbae0c69.jpg.html?filters[user]=130155776&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

I get a bit (very) confused about who's got what where too.
UrvogelOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 152
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Human_84 wrote:
The museum of natural history in New York City is a curious place if you ever go looking for the Tasmanian tiger specimen. I've tried twice, and on both occasions found myself in the presence of mystified museum workers who'd never heard any of the names I listed, and on both occasions gave me the "wait here, I'll go check" routine while they connected with higher level museum staff, always returning back to say they had no specimen, even in a back room or storage area.

I went to that museum in December, it was shockingly bad. The staff were literally clueless about everything. I had trouble trying to find one of the famous signature exhibits, but out of the four staff I asked nobody knew what I was talking about!

I think it's just a thing with that museum in general; the staff couldn't care less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - mystery quadrupeds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: