Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
New expedition to search for thylacine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - mystery quadrupeds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2227
PostPosted: 30-10-2013 21:32    Post subject: New expedition to search for thylacine. Reply with quote

Quote:
International team hopes to settle thylacine mystery once and for all

An international team of naturalists from the Centre for Fortean Zoology has arrived in Tasmania for the first in a series of well-resourced and professional expeditions into Tasmania's wilderness to hunt for evidence of the Tasmanian tiger.

Although the animal was officially declared extinct in the 1980s, reports of thylacine sightings are still common and expedition leader Mike Williams from NSW has high hopes that they can find something.

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/international-team-hopes-to-settle-thylacine-mystery-once-and-for-all/story-fnj4f7k1-1226749322972

Those that post in this section regularly will have a particular interest in this expedition because one them is on it.

So good luck Lordmongrove, I'd love you to prove me wrong.
Human_84Offline
We wont hurt you human.
Total posts: 1242
PostPosted: 01-11-2013 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is big news.

I'm a believer that it's still out there, based on the last 10 years worth of evidence which makes a strong case (in my opinion).

I've been on similar outings and some paranormal outings and swear that the secret to finding something elusive is to have everyone split off on their own and sit and wait for several hours at a time in remote places. It's not for everyone. In my opinion the #1 mistake people make is stomping around in huge groups and no doubt doing more talking than listening\looking.

Good luck out there!!
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 02-11-2013 01:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm a believer that it's still out there, based on the last 10 years worth of evidence which makes a strong case (in my opinion).

Any time you want to debate this. furious

Although seriously I only mean Wink
lordmongroveOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1071
PostPosted: 14-11-2013 04:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Oldrover
i'm typing this from a library in a tiny Tasmanian town. Back in the UK on sunday. Still got camera trap photos to look at. Interviwed witnesses including a government licenced shooter who saw it twice. There will be a detailed write up soon. Also have intresting scat samples.
This is the first of a planned series of expeditions.
All the best Rich
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 15-11-2013 08:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to hearing more. Have a good trip back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - mystery quadrupeds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: