Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Is This Coincidence, Fate...Or Something Else?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isis177Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 514
PostPosted: 30-01-2014 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnymousekitt maybe it could be a warning for you to not end up like the woman in your dreams.
ChrisBoardmanOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 767
PostPosted: 31-01-2014 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnymousekitt,

Did she suffer a particularly painful death?
bunnymousekittOffline
rabbity mousey cat-like thing
Total posts: 352
PostPosted: 02-02-2014 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanari_Lloyd, Isis - yes, I've been carefully considering that kind of thing. There are strong elements of both good and evil in this story - another reason why it has such a strong pull on me, perhaps. It's important to be wary.

ChrisBoardman- the answer to your question is one of the many things that is known to have been covered up in this case. It's certain that she was in acute mental distress in the days leading up to her death, but after that...it's a mystery.
rasputinOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 96
PostPosted: 03-02-2014 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is the other way around. Synchronistic attraction. You were thinking about this case and you dreamt about it and the focus drew these people who are related to the case into your life.

The amount of times I have thought about something or someone and then seen them is way beyond chance. There is a lot to be said about synchronicity and our thoughts influencing reality.
rushfan62Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 268
PostPosted: 05-02-2014 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the case of the woman's death was closed years ago (as you have said) and there was an inquest in which the circumstances, as understood at the time, were published and became public domain, why the reticence in at least telling us the case to which you allude? This can in no way infringe upon your privacy.
bunnymousekittOffline
PostPosted: 05-02-2014 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasputin- Yes, that's a very good point, and it's interesting to think of it in that light. There have been more than a few incidents where things seemed to be drawn into my life (whether it was intentional or not) due to concentrating on them. It's hard to say whether it was that, or the other way round. Did I draw it in or did it draw me...or some combination of the two?

And then there is this:
Things have become immeasurably more strange since I last posted. Someone else connected to these people - in a far more important way than myself - told me essentially the same type of story, that they had appeared in his life under similar (not exact, but similar) circumstances. Shocked The word he used to describe it was "surreal".

He shared this story spontaneously, I had not told him about my own experience. All this is making me quite convinced now there is more to this than meets the eye. I suppose as a Fortean it's not good to be too convinced of anything, but it really begins to feel as if larger forces are at work.

Rushfan62-
Indeed, the woman is dead and the case closed, but many of the people involved in the case are alive and well. Giving too much information would certainly impinge on their privacy.

I don't even think the details of the case or the unfortunate woman's identity are the most relevant issues in regards to the original question, really. It's more that strange coincidences and happenings are drawing around this particular story, and apparently not just around me.

It's something I'm trying understand, whether it has a meaning or not, but have very few other people with whom to discuss it. Topics like this don't tend to fly very well in casual conversation. Razz
PeniGOffline
Proud children's writer
Total posts: 2351
PostPosted: 05-02-2014 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if the answer to the question: "If I were someone involved in this matter, would I want to run across somebody I know talking about it with half a million total strangers on the internet?" is "No," then it is much better to keep mum.

One thing about meaning that I don't think enough people grasp, but which is important, especially when dealing in Fortean matters (and in synchronicity more than most even of those), is - it has no objective existence and is not imposed from outside. Meaning is a quality humans give to events, not an inherent quality of them.

You may be part of something larger here, but you have a lot of power in it, as do the other people involved. What it ultimately means will be in large part down to you.

I think one reason so many real-life cases eventually fall apart like a dream is that people go looking for the wrong thing, uncovering some truth that's out there; when all the truth to be found is in here.

There's also the fact that life does not naturally make narrative sense, but we organize our lives as if they did. You are probably seeking a last-chapter conclusion; the most you are likely to get is an open ending.
Suzie1980Offline
Grey
Total posts: 22
PostPosted: 08-02-2014 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the woman already in the public eye prior to her death?
Human_84Offline
We wont hurt you human.
Total posts: 1244
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 03:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be focusing more on the physical location, and consider the 'dream' to be an inadvertent remote viewing instead (it's said remote viewing doesn't correlate with time, hence you could have literally been viewing part of the actual event leading to her death).

Quote:
walking through a series of darkened rooms. One of the passages leads to a closed door

So did her death, or any event leading to her death actually take place in a location which has a series of rooms in a basement, cellar, historical dungeon, etc? I'd be focusing on the physical aspects of the 'dream' and trying to link it to police report details that are known.
feinmanOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 211
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 04:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Human_84 wrote:
I'd be focusing more on the physical location, and consider the 'dream' to be an inadvertent remote viewing instead (it's said remote viewing doesn't correlate with time, hence you could have literally been viewing part of the actual event leading to her death).

Quote:
walking through a series of darkened rooms. One of the passages leads to a closed door

So did her death, or any event leading to her death actually take place in a location which has a series of rooms in a basement, cellar, historical dungeon, etc? I'd be focusing on the physical aspects of the 'dream' and trying to link it to police report details that are known.

Yep, that's why I practice with Random Wikipedia articles.
bunnymousekittOffline
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, everyone. Sorry for the dely in replying.

PeniG- I've been thinking a lot about what you've written. In general, I believe you are correct - synchronicities mean nothing unless we have some meaning to attach to them. And I've heard it stated that synchronicities can be taken as a reminder that we are not always in charge of writing the story of our lives.

I'd read once that some people see their lives in the sense of a narrative, and others don't. I'm one of the latter group, and sometimes feel a bit envious of those who do see their lives as a story in the making. Such a structure never seems to come together for me, so it's perhaps been extra strange to have such an experience.
Most synchronicities do have open-ended conclusions, despite hope that it would lead to more. This one, though - I have to wonder. There are so many things happening, and the truth may come out yet.

Peni, may I send you a PM? There's something you may have a particular insight about.

Suzie1980 - No, it was one of those "famous only in death" cases. (the worst kind of fame, IMO, 'coz if the way you die is bad enough to make the news...:shudder:)

Human_84-
I've wondered about this too. If remote viewing is indeed possible, there is really no reason it would have to correlate with time.

I have not seen any photos of the actual location of the death, so can't say for sure if the dream was accurate in that sense - though it's possible. Just today, a Google search turned up what were supposed to be photos of the location, but when I clicked the link, the page was missing. Confused
I do know someone who has been in the location and might be willing to describe it. Just have to think of a good excuse to ask.

feinman - I'm curious - do you mean you practice remote viewing with random Wikipedia articles? How so?
As a youngster I was quite obsessed with remote viewing, but could never gain much control over it.

Today while researching some documents that were only tangentally related to the case, I was suddenly overcome with a feeling that can only be described as "the creeps". I started shivering, had a very "creepy-crawly" sensation in my skin and became nauseated and faint. It was a feeling similar to the dream, but this time I was wide awake and alert. It made no sense and I couldn't figure out what I was reacting to in the documents, which weren't particularly upsetting. It was about a witness in a related case recanting their testimony - nothing very shocking.

I called my husband in and asked him to look over the articles, to see if he could find anything that was causing such a strong negative reaction. He couldn't find anything that was overtly "creepy", but pointed out that there was also something wrong with this story, too, that he couldn't put his finger on.

We spent the day poring over many legal documents and soon it became noticable that there is certain, specific kinds of information that's vague or missing in more than a few related cases. It seems to be these areas that are triggering this disturbed feeling for me, Obviously this is a subjective experience (feelings don't count for much in the absence of facts) but I'm reminded of how some people report experiencing hunches or intuition through feelings in their bodies. Perhaps that's what's happening here.

The gnawing sense of "something is wrong with the story" keeps growing stronger. Hopefully this will come to some sort of satisfactory conclusion in the end.
bunnymousekittOffline
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Oops. Double post.

Last edited by bunnymousekitt on 14-02-2014 11:32; edited 1 time in total
PlagueRiderOffline
Afro-plated Abomination
Total posts: 258
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is incredibly creepy to read. I can only imagine the sensations you're feeling whilst researching and experiencing this horrible set of circumstances. I'm very curious to learn more myself, even though I know you can't say!
feinmanOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 211
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bunnymousekitt! (I can't type that without smiling, could I have one genetically engineered for a pet??)

As far as "remote viewing" the random Wikipedia articles: I calm my mind using yoga breathing techniques until I stop thinking, and thinking about thinking, and I just refocus on my breath when I catch myself thinking. Then I'll put my finger over the "random article" button, close my eyes again and wait for a feeling that shows up as a mental image. If the image is related to something I've just seen or thought, back to the focusing on breathing. You'll want to breathe through your nose. I'll draw shapes or scenes quickly, or remember them, and then hit the button, and compare my image with the picture with the random article that comes up. There are so many articles about so many things, that it seems to work best when there is an image with the article; I don't usually do well with pictureless articles. Occasionally, I'll look up a picture of the article's subject (if there is no picture with the article), and compare my image with that one. Sometimes I ask my future self to send the image. Most "occult powers" seem to arise from simple meditation or yoga practice; siddhis.

I recommend a similar exercise for you; get the feeling in your head and then focus on your breath and just watch. Start thinking? Back to your breath. It will start to morph and unfold as you watch, and reveal itself. You'll find the answer as things resolve themselves in your mind's eye. Takes some practice. Just don't try and see or think, just focus on your breath and watch. Bring your mind back to your breath if you start to think. This unifies subject and object, perceiver and perceived.

In time, with techniques like this, you will become aware of subtle energies within and outside of you, and around and within other people. Many powers good and bad spring from this ability. You might see the energies swirling around, over time; they are moved and concentrated by pure attention. Thought derails or short circuits those energies, and that's why magicians use trance, rhythm, spells, mantras, etc. And then "fire off the energy" with intent and visualization, combined with emotion. Sadly, some kill critters at the same time to harness their energies too. Okay, way off topic. <Takes off pointed cap with stars>. And now, I don't believe any of that! Wink Smile
bunnymousekittOffline
PostPosted: 14-02-2014 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlagueRider-
Oh, yes, the whole experience has been very creepy! It's also been a learning experience, it's driven me to find out things I probably would have never looked at otherwise. But I must not forget to be wary....

Feinman- Thanks for the very helpful tips on how you practice remote viewing. It brought up something I'd long forgotten, a strange and apparently useless talent I had as a child (and probably still do, there's just little reason to use it!) Somehow (exactly how is lost in memory) I realized that if I turned my back toward the street and closed my eyes, I could tell the color of whatever car was passing behind me at the moment. Not the make or model or anything like that - just the color. A spot of color would appear in front my closed eyelids and I'd call it out to whoever was watching the traffic - it was amazingly accurate -but yeah, apparently useless. Then again, this could be an example of remote viewing, no?

Maybe I will try it again and see if it still works after all these years. Smile
Oh, by the way, yes, an actual bunnymousekitt would be a fun creature to have. I loved the cat-rabbit from Tenchi Muyo but I also love mice so why not add one of those too. Very Happy

Now, following up on my previous post, here's the latest -

I've managed to locate a partial description and photograph of the area near the death scene. It was a photo of the outside of the building, not inside so it only gives a bit of information - however, it was enough to indicate my dream was probably not an accurate view of the location, as there was a doorway leading to the outside. (Whether there were any doors leading to an inside hallway, there's no way to tell at present.)

However (and this is a pretty big however) upon searching I found out that there was another unexplained death in the same building and that one was in the basement. Shocked

Following up on the documents that kept causing the "creepy" feeling, I searched though...jeez, it must have been hundreds of court records, declarations, affidavits etc. and finally dredged up an old document that had been submitted (as I said before) in a tangentially related case. This document, instead of being vague like the others, seemed very specific and laid out the opinion of the writer (who had experience of the situation) of how the woman likely died and why. It was chilling, but it felt "correct", as if finally this was the one scenario that rang true. Interestingly, this was a document that had been thrown out of the court case after much legal wrangling.

I called my husband in to ask him what he thought of the document. After reading it, he said "that's the one - that's what really happened." It was a disturbing story and very sad, but there was also a sense of relief after reading it, as if that part of the mystery was solved. Importantly, this document also firmly laid responsibility for the woman's death on one of the people who has recently come into our lives. The writer gave very solid reasons for holding this opinion.

Talking about it, we decided that no matter what, we are never going to trust this person. No matter what he says or does to gain sympathy or anything else, trusting him is simply not a possibility. This may have been the point of the terrifying dream - before finding these documents, I had been halfway down the road to believing his story and wanting to help him.

Even if we avoid involvement, I still think there will be justice of some kind, though. Maybe not right now, but eventually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: