Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Deja vu phone call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherrybombOffline
Skating the thin crust
Total posts: 1026
PostPosted: 22-11-2014 19:40    Post subject: Deja vu phone call Reply with quote

Hi all

I've recently been going through a really tough time dealing with mental health issues, and a lot of memories have been "churned up". One of them is something I'd like to share with you all.

In 2001 I was working part time in Blockbuster video (lucky me!). I'd had a few days off for exams - I was a student nurse at the time, too, and one evening I got a telephone call from my manager at Blockbusters. She was telling me the work rota for the following week & letting me know who the key holders would be, etc. All exciting stuff. The following evening I got another call - from this manager again - she was telling me all the same things. I wasn't paying full attention as we'd gone over this the day before, when she snaps at me that I'm clearly not listening. I explain that she had called me the evening before and we'd gone over this. She stop and sounds rather shocked. She swears blind that she didn't speak to me the day before. All a bit odd. I put it down to her having called and forgotten, something not really like she would do Shocked

The really strange thing is that its only the past couple of very difficult weeks that its been something I'd really thought about.

Confused
jimv1Offline
Justified and Ancient
Total posts: 2990
PostPosted: 22-11-2014 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you're having a rough time. It's worse when you experience a 'confusion field' -at least that's what I call them.
You see them at checkouts where people just blip out and customer and checkout assistant both fail at the same time (for no particular reason) causing a huge wait for everyone in line.

Find something nicer to dwell on than work stuff. You're not paid enough to worry into the night about their great business goal and it distracts you from completing your own ubermasterplan.

Last edited by jimv1 on 23-11-2014 01:17; edited 1 time in total
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 21783
PostPosted: 23-11-2014 00:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you weather the storm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: