Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
These Roads Lead Where....???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backinthebushOffline
Grey
Total posts: 27
PostPosted: 27-10-2013 20:12    Post subject: Transdimensional gas station Reply with quote

Seems I've come very late to join in on this posting, but will give it a go anyway. Does anyone still take an interest in this? It seems to have petered out.
I had similar experiences on three occasions more than 38 years ago.

At the times they occurred I did not become aware that anything strange/unusual had happened until almost two months later. It was at the time all "seamless" one might say.

Unlike the original poster from Sweden, I later discovered the actual locations of two of the three sites - not by searching (although I did do a great deal of that during the following 18 years until my discoveries) - but by accident. At least I think it was by accident, although some curious things had happened along the way.

The shocking part for me was that these sites were about 3000 miles (about 4600 kilometers) from the areas in which the strange events occurred. Or perhaps I should say "seemed to have occurred."

I have never related the details of my experiences to anyone, convinced (and still am) that it would bring doubts about my sanity and could even have hampered my career. I still do believe that. However, I am now in my seventies and retired and have fewer concerns about those possibililities.

For many years since my discoveries of the places where two of those events took place I searched, without success, for some explanation. None was ever forthcoming, even to this day.

About three months ago I began to search the internet, now that I have the time available. The "transdimensional gas station" is the only similar story I've discovered to date, and even that one is far less complicated.

I'd be interested in learning if there are others with similar experiences. On the other hand there may no longer be any followers of this, given the long time since the last posting. I would also be interested in hearing more from the original poster. Is anyone out there?

If there is still some interest I may undertake to relate my story since it can be done here with relative anonymity.
Now I will be interested to see whether this reply can actually be posted since I have never attempted this before.
MythopoeikaOnline
Total posts: 9794
PostPosted: 27-10-2013 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do tell us about your experiences.
rynner2Online
What a Cad!
Total posts: 26621
PostPosted: 27-10-2013 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythopoeika wrote:
Please do tell us about your experiences.

Yep, those of us who've posted on this thread before should get an email notification of new posts. Recently the email notifs haven't been working well for me, but I did get one about your post!

Tell us more!
JamesWhiteheadOffline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 5752
PostPosted: 27-10-2013 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the story belongs in the same category as Intermittent Cottages, Disappearing Hotels and Restaurants with a close link to the suggestion of time-slips and alternate realities in other dimensions.

I'm strongly attracted to the genre and was browsing a slew of them in a ghost book earlier in the week. The attraction lies in the way their reality is doubted some time after the experience. I can't imagine any form of solid evidence is ever going to establish their reality, though. Even photographs would provoke thoughts of how they were faked. Confused
HenryFortOffline
I am Seeking Rest for my Weary Heart
Total posts: 1091
PostPosted: 27-10-2013 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

every few weeks my thoughts turn to the transdimensional gas station ... i love this thread and in fact i have an email from the OP somewhere although he seems to have long since gone to ground ... so lets hear it !
davidplanktonOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 451
PostPosted: 27-10-2013 21:37    Post subject: Re: Transdimensional gas station Reply with quote

backinthebush wrote:

If there is still some interest I may undertake to relate my story

Oh there definitely is an interest, please tell.
rasputinOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 96
PostPosted: 27-10-2013 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backinthebush, your post reminded me of a similar story I read on another forum. It is part of a longer thread but this is the specific post that I thought you might find interesting;

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=52814867&postcount=1447

Quote:
I'm reluctant to post this one and am going to leave the odder details out, but maybe your friend is just the person to ask.

Summer '81 I was in Piccadilly Circus and was quite distressed. A couple approached me, were sympathetic to what had happened and offered to take me for a coffee. We were right by a coffee shop but the woman said she knew a cafe in Piccadilly tube station so down we went, the entrance opposite The Regent Palace Hotel, and there was this little cafe tucked away right next to the stairs.

We were the only customers, there was a waitress in a pink gingham 50's costume and an old woman at one end behind a counter on which there was a strange Heath Robinson contraption made of copper. I couldn't work out what the hell it was, it stretched the length of the counter, and I felt very unnerved by the old woman who stared intently at me the whole time we were there. Everything about her seemed to be gray.

Something strange happened (sorry to be so vague but this is very personal) and I ran out of the cafe, up the stairs and straight into the arms of my boyfriend who I'd been looking for. The couple came out after me and the woman spoke to my boyfriend, said she was relieved I'd found him and commented on how odd the strange thing that had happened was.

A couple of years later I was in Piccadilly tube station with a friend and remembered the cafe, reflected on how I'd been up and down the stairs opposite The Regent Palace Hotel countless times and never so much as glanced at it, which was odd considering what had happened there. I asked the friend if he fancied a coffee and we headed for the cafe.

It wasn't there. He said there'd never been a cafe there and I argued that there had been, it must have been bricked over...until he pointed out that the wall tiles were original and had been there since the station was built.

We checked every entrance to the station even though I knew for a fact which entrance it had been next to. The only thing resembling a cafe was the snack bar in the ticket hall. I was so distressed that my friend stopped a guard and asked if there used to be a cafe down there. The guard said no.

I've since read several accounts of people visiting cafes/restaurants and later finding that they didn't exist. Maybe your friend could shed some light on this Andie. I'd be very happy to hear that that cafe did exist in '81 - but given the things I'm not comfortable discussing I wouldn't bet on it.
HenryFortOffline
PostPosted: 27-10-2013 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

the regents palace now that is taking me back ... stayed there a lot in the 90s with work ... there was a very chic bar in the basement i recall, which would have been on the same level as the tube ... or perhaps not ... maybe a period tube map could assist ?
Soul_DoubtOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 34
PostPosted: 28-10-2013 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would love to read about your experiences backinthebush.

PS Thank you for posting that Digital Spy link Rasputin; I'm constantly on the lookout for such "creepy" threads
CochiseOffline
Justified and Ancient
Total posts: 1908
PostPosted: 29-10-2013 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

This interests me very much because of my theory that this 'out-of-time' experience is one of the things that is on the edge of our perception - that it ties in with 'genuine panic' and so on as being something where some essential wrongness spooks us in a particular way. Certainly when I have been 'spooked' there is an out of time or out of normal reality feeling that is tied in to it.

I think something rare and real happens that triggers our senses - that 'real' thing may be simply something that triggers a throwback to when we were tiny hunted creatures, but nevertheless interesting if we could work out what exactly is going on.
Fanari_LloydOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 135
PostPosted: 30-10-2013 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to hear more about your experience, please, Backinthebush.
backinthebushOffline
Grey
Total posts: 27
PostPosted: 30-10-2013 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings fellow posters.
I must say I am quite surprised that there were so many responses in such a short time. I had expected I might receive one or two, perhaps weeks in the future.
I am quite willing to share my experiences with you all, but I must caution that it would be a comparatively lengthy undertaking and would require several sessions. I do not, unfortunately, have the endurance to sit long at a computer.
In order to do so, it would be necessary to do it in instalments if that is agreeable to you.
Also, my curiosity is aroused regarding the location of the various posters who have replied. I note that several are in the UK. Is this the case with all? Are other countries represented?
Please reply and notify me if instalments for this tale would be agreeable. If so I would begin with a description of my own background to give a sense of why and how this has affected me. Later I would also include a number of other unusual incidents that may or may not be related to the main point of the story.
On rereading my post I find there are several minor errors, though nothing of great significance. An instance of this is that I said I had been searching the internet for three months, when I meant to write three years. Not earth-shaking, but I prefer accuracy.
Wishing you all well and an exciting Hallowe’en.
Fanari_LloydOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 135
PostPosted: 30-10-2013 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backinthebush, I would be very willing to read your tale in installments.
I read the original story on this thread many times, and was a bit deflated when it petered out. Please share, as and when you can. Smile
HenryFortOffline
PostPosted: 30-10-2013 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont mind the instalments but i want to know up front : do you have the receipt ?
ScribblesOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 95
PostPosted: 31-10-2013 02:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

" I dont mind the instalments but i want to know up front : do you have the receipt ?"

rofl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: