Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
few questions / reflections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> General Forteana
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philomathOffline
Live, Love, Learn
Total posts: 103
PostPosted: 07-02-2014 12:12    Post subject: few questions / reflections Reply with quote

A few questions/ reflections:
1) Were the sky tracks (and/or footprints) of the ‘tourists’ up to the camp still visible when the search party found the tent?
Or only the footprints down?
Strange in this case that sky tracks disappeared while footprints created (probably few hours later) were still visible after weeks…
2) Tents cuts seem to be made when tent was still erected. Is this correct? If so the hypothesis that tourists had to escape from avalanche does not hold….
3) Is there any estimate about how long a person – not properly dressed – and without boots - as they apparently were - can resist in those temperatures combined with the chill effect of strong winds? It seems to me amazing that they could survive for so long (meaning: walking down from campsite + lighting a fire, walking down + setting a den in the ravine, walking down + trying to go back to the campsite…I don’t want to assume everything happened at the same time) – also if some were injured already at the campsite
4) Why didn’t they put on the boots? Apparently only Rustem Slobodin wasn’t bootless (1 boot) – is this right? And how many boots were found in the tent? 8 ½ pairs? Is it possible that boots were too wet to be worn after long ascent in difficult weather conditions/deep snow that day?
5) What about the moon phase that night? Was is pitch dark?
6) Footprints seem to indicate the party moved slowly as strides were short and orderly – this seems to exclude they were terrified.
7) A part cutting the tent and abandoning it without proper clothing, it seems that all other behaviours were oriented to survival, rational and cooperative (?)
HenryFortOffline
I am Seeking Rest for my Weary Heart
Total posts: 1131
PostPosted: 07-02-2014 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing this was an out-of-line reply to the dyatlov pass thread ?
EnolaGaiaOffline
Total posts: 1600
PostPosted: 07-02-2014 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've copied philomath's questions over to the Dyatlov thread and responded to them there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> General Forteana All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: