Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Warwick castle - white mist/ (now with correct link!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoquaciousnessOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 87
PostPosted: 14-04-2014 12:04    Post subject: Warwick castle - white mist/ (now with correct link!) Reply with quote

I would like people's opinions on this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUJTAOeAtM8
It was taken during a 'lock in', earlier this year at a night time ghost hunt in Warwick Castle, in the bear tower. There is just myself and Lisa, and we decided to take some pictures and take some video footage.
I don't really want to say anymore about the video as I want to hear what people can/can't see. It's not the 'orbs' flying about !
AmoradalaOffline
Grey
Total posts: 17
PostPosted: 14-04-2014 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

How often do the have ghosthunting lock-ins at Warwick castle? Are they all night? More info on this please I am very interested in joining a ghosthunting group.

A friend of mind is the pastor of our village church. One of his duties is locking the church door at night - after first checking the church is empty ;/ His wife tells me he has had strange experiences with ghosts and presences. But he refuses to talk about them to me or anyone else, partly because he is religious but would rather push the incident out of his mind so that it 'never happened'.
I suggested a group of village friends could get together and go 'ghosthunting' if he would lend us the key. To see how he stiffened, how uncomfortable and scared he looked at the idea was intriguing. His answer was "no way!" (end of subject)

Interesting video. Were you able to see the anomalies with the naked eye, or only through the camera lens ? If with the naked eye, were they illuminated with a light source or self illuminating? Was it happening throughout the time stayed or for a short time during ?
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14806
PostPosted: 14-04-2014 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see anything I'm afraid. No anomalies, anyway. When enough people have had a look, could you point out where in the video the weirdness is? Thanks.
MythopoeikaOffline
I am a meat popsicle
Total posts: 10480
PostPosted: 14-04-2014 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

gncxx wrote:
Can't see anything I'm afraid. No anomalies, anyway. When enough people have had a look, could you point out where in the video the weirdness is? Thanks.

I couldn't see anything either.
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 20756
PostPosted: 14-04-2014 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see anything odd.
drbatesOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 528
PostPosted: 14-04-2014 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I could see was compression artefacts, which I guess could drown out something subtle. But I did see an orb Sad
LoquaciousnessOffline
Yeti
PostPosted: 15-04-2014 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 23 seconds in, as I pan away from Lisa, sort of two streaks of mist (best I can describe it ) and a couple of orbs at beginning.
As for ghost hunt it is with a company called Haunted Happenings, been to Warwick Castle with them and Nottingham Galleries of Justice/City of Caves. Google them for a link, as I am not sure I am allowed to post it here. Off to Newark Castle with them soon.
CarlosTheDJOffline
Dazed and confused for so long its not true
Total posts: 2249
PostPosted: 15-04-2014 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it's linked to the black 'smoke ring' that was filmed just down the road.....?

Quote:

'Black Ring Of Leamington Spa' Could Be Witchcraft (But More Likely Insects)

Even after dismissing witchcraft with a rational mind this is still really, really weird.

Dubbed the Black Ring of Leamington Spa, the strange phenomenon was captured by Georgina Heap, 16, on her iPhone on Friday evening near Warwick Castle.

Fire services have said no fires were reported at the time and the Met Office have said it does not appear to be weather-related.

What the hell is it?

Heap said it was "the weirdest thing I have ever seen".

"I looked up at it and thought 'what the hell?', it was amazing.

"It was just floating there like a cloud and then it disappeared. It wasn't birds either.

"There were about ten of us who stopped what we were doing and watched."

UFO expert, Nick Pope, described the video as "truly bizarre" and ruled out it being a smoke ring.

He added: "One other possibility is that the shape is made up of millions of bees or other insects, but I've never heard of insects behaving in this way before, so if this is the explanation, it's a real-life X-File."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/15/black-ring-of-leamington-spa-_n_5150871.html
IamSundogOffline
The FTMB member previously known as Sundog
Total posts: 1804
PostPosted: 16-04-2014 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbates wrote:
But I did see an orb Sad

Death to heretics!
IamSundogOffline
The FTMB member previously known as Sundog
Total posts: 1804
PostPosted: 16-04-2014 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loquaciousness wrote:
About 23 seconds in, as I pan away from Lisa, sort of two streaks of mist (best I can describe it )

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING IS NOT INTENDED TO BE DISMISSIVE OF ANYONE'S EXPERIENCE OR BELIEFS Laughing

but these look like camera artifacts to me - internal optical reflections or something to do with the camera adjusting from bright image (Lisa) to darkness again.
LoquaciousnessOffline
Yeti
PostPosted: 17-04-2014 07:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel dismissed. In fact, I am glad of any rational explanations as not an expert on photography/video and associated artefacts !
AmoradalaOffline
Grey
Total posts: 17
PostPosted: 17-04-2014 07:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you able to see the anomalies with the naked eye, or only through the camera lens ?
LoquaciousnessOffline
Yeti
PostPosted: 17-04-2014 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only saw the 'orbs', didn't see the mist. Very sceptical husband and Lisa's husband went in for a lock in next, and came out refusing to tell us what they had seen as they wanted to debunk it. Later after they had carried out their experiments, shining torches at the tower/door from outside from all sorts of angles, they told us they had seen bright lights in the corner of the room which they hadn't been able to recreate. Only explanation husband could come up with was bioluminescence.
We were followed round all night by the really strong smell of Jasmine too - as if you walk into your garden when it is in full bloom and it wasn't anybody's perfume. We also checked for air fresheners !
SameOldVardoger
Great Old One
PostPosted: 22-04-2014 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were something around the 3rd and 4th second in the video. Put the video on HD and fullscreen and stop/start the video several times from the 2nd second.
titchagainOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 98
PostPosted: 23-04-2014 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't see anything strange sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: