Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Alan Partridge Spontaneous Appearance on Pizza Hut Table

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HenryFortOffline
I am Seeking Rest for my Weary Heart
Total posts: 1131
PostPosted: 01-03-2014 16:42    Post subject: Alan Partridge Spontaneous Appearance on Pizza Hut Table Reply with quote

I mulled over posting this within fortean tikes, but i wanted to get the title up in big letters !

fortean sidekick, almost 10, and i were at our local hut yesterday after after-school club. she already has a dedication to coogan's alan partidge character and is able to out-quote her teachers effortlessly

at points during our meal we played, on napkins, inception tic-tac-toe ( google it, its awesome ) and a little improv pictionary ... a couple of sidekicks pictionary turns were partridge related ... first she drew a stick man feeding a couple of birds which turned out to be Partidge Amongst the Pigeons, one of the made-up shows Alan pitches to the BBC in episode 1 of Im Alan Partidge series 1 ( sorry for the anorakness - im a latecomer to the phenomenon ) ... another pictionary turn was a self-portrait with ( amongst other things ) AHA in a speech bubble

cut to the end of the meal and the kids menu/activity booklet you get with the kids meal, back page had become stuck to the tabletop, probably from the table being a little wet from 7up or similar

peeling the page off the table left the following in clear 2 inch high letters : AHAA

!!!

we checked and we hadnt drawn it in the booklet, or used the booklet to write on in some way, double checked, triple checked. there was no correlation between the AHA drawn on the napkin and that which manifest on the table

photos to follow kids !
davidplanktonOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 405
PostPosted: 01-03-2014 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the photos. Was there any music playing in the background during this meal?
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 10598
PostPosted: 01-03-2014 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidplankton wrote:
Looking forward to the photos. Was there any music playing in the background during this meal?

Was it our friends Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen and Pål Waaktaar, by any chance?
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14869
PostPosted: 01-03-2014 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be hoping for Roachford.
CarlosTheDJOffline
Dazed and confused for so long its not true
Total posts: 2303
PostPosted: 02-03-2014 09:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's too busy fronting Mike + The Mechanics.
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 10598
PostPosted: 02-03-2014 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

gncxx wrote:
I would be hoping for Roachford.

Ahhh, you mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DZXOANUaNk
bobandterryOffline
Grey
Total posts: 29
PostPosted: 02-03-2014 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh our lord Alan partridge.
HenryFortOffline
PostPosted: 03-03-2014 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

table
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8/HdaMassa/aha/2014-02-28_19-42-22_867-1r_zpsbdbf0481.jpg
back of activity booklet
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8/HdaMassa/aha/2014-03-03_09-02-56_610-1r_zps3bd01507.jpg
pictionary - note the Aha in upper left and the Partridge Amongst the Pigeons upper right ( complete with "Yes its an extender!" in speech bubble )
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8/HdaMassa/aha/2014-03-03_09-02-43_403_zps757f55bf.jpg

What can it all mean ?
HenryFortOffline
PostPosted: 03-03-2014 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

a curious connection to a previous incident i noted here a number of years back, similar in the method of "communication" ...

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28670
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14869
PostPosted: 03-03-2014 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's not "AHU"? I don't know what that means, though.
SwiftyOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 322
PostPosted: 07-03-2014 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was almost 'bloke in orange coat walking large black dog' in the new Alan Partridge movie Alpha Papa but my bit was cut out Sad ... they filmed the ending scenes in my home town of Cromer and on our pier .... ace movie ! Laughing. Steve Coogan is quite intense in real life (although friendly) but then I suppose he was working so trying to concentrate ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: