Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
A Cat like entity
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - Poltergeists and entities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poppa19Offline
Grey
Total posts: 19
PostPosted: 06-01-2013 18:21    Post subject: A Cat like entity Reply with quote

When I was about 5 or 6 I was asleep in the back bedroom, second floor in an old Victorian terraced house.
Suddenly I was woken by a stealthy sound, and at first I thought it was my Mum or Dad coming to check on me.
The bedroom was pitch black apart from a dim light that was coming from my parents room.
The sight that greeted me I will never forget till the day I die, it was a pair of yellow eyes, about 4 or 6 inches apart, and about 2.5 to 3 feet of the ground, and cat like, and they were evil.
They held my gaze unblinking, and I have never felt such abject terror, I tried to scream but no sound came out, and all the while the creature was advancing towards me.
Suddenly there was a noise that came from parents room, and it was only then that the eyes blinked, and proceeded to fade out.
I got up, and ran to my parents room, and told them about, and they told I was having a nightmare, little did they know?.
About a year later I was sleeping in the Attic, as I had two more siblings, and like before I was awakened by something.
I proceeded to go down two flights of stairs because I felt compelled to, and when I got to the bottom flight of stairs I was greeted by the same pair of yellow eyes this time outside the window.
I was aware of a Collie we had named "Lassie" whimpering by the cellar door, and when I called her she would not come.
I felt compelled to go towards these eyes, and started to walk to the back door to open it.
Suddenly I was aware of another presence behind me, and I turned to be greeted by the beautiful sight I have seen to this day.
It was about 6 feet tall, and it was shaped like a Fan (The type women Spanish or Chinese women use), and radiated the most striking colours I have seen.
Suddenly the fan Flashed a couple of times, and I turned to look at the Cats eyes, and there was the most horrendous scream, the eyes narrowed, and blinked out, and that was the end of that, or so I thought?.
I have tried to make sense of these two encounters, and it only recently I have come to understand what it means.
I have been picked on by none other than "Flauros" or one of his minions, that's why I have been plagued with Illnesses, injury, and bad luck all my life.
Why I was picked on I do not know?, maybe it's because I'm sensitive to spirits, and have been all my life?.
Here is an Image of my tormentor, i'm not crazy, i have a very analytical mind, and am not prone to flights of fancy, make of it what you will.
Tony

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab356/TonyW_2010/tumblr_lsnbpymETv1qh2jlmo1_500.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Poppa19 on 21-02-2013 12:38; edited 1 time in total
rynner2Online
What a Cad!
Total posts: 26265
PostPosted: 06-01-2013 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

A strange story, but I'd like to know how you found out its name.

I found this on the Internet:

Duke Flauros

Flauros is a strong Great Duke of Hell, having thirty-six (twenty according to Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) legions of demons under his rule.

He gives true answers of all things past, present and future, but he must be first commanded to enter a magic triangle for if not he will lie, deceive the conjurer, and beguile him in other business. But if he enters the triangle he will answer truly, and gladly speak about divinity, the creation of the world, himself, and other fallen angels. He can also destroy all the conjurer's enemies by burning them up. If the magician requests it, he will not suffer temptations from any spirit or in any form.

Commonly people represent him as a humanoid leopard with big claws. Flauros is depicted as a terrible and strong leopard that under request of the conjurer changes into a man with fiery eyes and an awful expression.

Flauros can also supposedly be called upon when a mortal wishes to take vengeance on other demons. This is likely included in his capability to destroy the conjurer's enemies.

Other spellings: Flavros, Hauras, Haures, Havres. The last three spellings probably came from copyists mistaking the first two letters of "Flauros", when written too closely together, for an "H".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flauros#Duke_Flauros

The triangle seems to relate to the 'fan' you saw. However on this page
http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Flauros
Flauros is described as

"a huge serpent-like creature with skin like cooling lava that cracks and bursts, unable to contain the incredible heat within. To further his fearsome appearance Flauros's head is a frightful maw of demonic teeth that belches out smoke, magma, and flame and he wields a huge obsidian spear capable of impaling a giant. Shocked

All very puzzling!
Poppa19Offline
Grey
PostPosted: 06-01-2013 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rynner I know that i had done research on the Demon myself, and i had bought that page up you did. It's from wiki. Thank's for taking an interest.
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 9702
PostPosted: 06-01-2013 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

What convinced you that you saw a demon?
Poppa19Offline
Grey
PostPosted: 07-01-2013 06:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythopoeika wrote:

What convinced me. Well we didn't have a cat, especially of that size, and i had the overpowering sense of evil coming from this entity. If you think i was dreaming how come i can remember it like it was yesterday?. Did you read my intitial post in it's entirety?. confused

Tony.
Ringo_Offline
Sanitised for your protection
Total posts: 804
PostPosted: 07-01-2013 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poppa19 wrote:
Mythopoeika wrote:

What convinced me. Well we didn't have a cat, especially of that size, and i had the overpowering sense of evil coming from this entity. If you think i was dreaming how come i can remember it like it was yesterday?. Did you read my intitial post in it's entirety?. confused

Tony.

I think what Myth meant was what made you think that it was a demon rather than any other explanation (see Mothman, aliens/UFO's, Cryptoids etc)

Whatever you experienced has obviously left it's mark but it is worth remembering that the mind is capable of manifesting all sorts of weird and wonderful things without the person having to be crazy or what not. Can you be sure that this was in fact an external event and not just a contortion of the mind or a waking dream?

And it is entirely possible that you were dreaming. Waking dreams are just as vivid as real life and can often seen even more real that "reality". It is prefectly possible for you to have dreamed this event and for your mind to experience it as real.

When I was around 6 years old, I woke up to find I had been stabbed in the back. I could feel the knife sticking out and see the pool of blood on my bed. I ran screaming downstairs. Both I and my parents still remember it. I looked awake, I could interact with them, talk and move and I still remember running downstairs, crying and begging for them to pull the knife out because I didn't want to die. They pretended to do so and I returned to bed.

Now, almost 30 years later, I understand that I obviously wasn't stabbed but that event is "real" in my mind. I can clearly remember the knife and blood. If it had been any other experience (seeing a goblin, flying etc) then I would be convinced that it had happened.
MoookstaOffline
Muppet
Total posts: 1767
PostPosted: 07-01-2013 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony

Interesting story.

Might surprise you to learn that I've read a story about a pair of cat-like, unblinking, disembodied eyes encountered by an investigator in an abandoned trailer somewhere in the States. If my recollection is correct the eyes encountered were red, cat-like and floating about 3 or 4 feet off the ground. They didn't blink and they followed the investigator as he moved. I recall they too faded out as daylight arrived.

Think I read it on Obi Wan's Paranormal pages.

I'll see if I can find it though where to start...I may have posted somewhere on these boards.
Poppa19Offline
Grey
PostPosted: 07-01-2013 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ringo. First of all "I Know what I saw", the feeling of evil I got from this thing on both occasions was palpable, it came over me in waves. What sticks in my mind on the second occasion was that when I called to the dog I felt the fear in her as well, it was like she was telling me to not go near.

Tony
Poppa19Offline
Grey
PostPosted: 07-01-2013 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moooksta wrote:
Hi Tony

Interesting story.

Might surprise you to learn that I've read a story about a pair of cat-like, unblinking, disembodied eyes encountered by an investigator in an abandoned trailer somewhere in the States. If my recollection is correct the eyes encountered were red, cat-like and floating about 3 or 4 feet off the ground. They didn't blink and they followed the investigator as he moved. I recall they too faded out as daylight arrived.

Think I read it on Obi Wan's Paranormal pages.

I'll see if I can find it though where to start...I may have posted somewhere on these boards.

Hi Mook, and cheers, i would be interested to read that.
MythopoeikaOffline
PostPosted: 07-01-2013 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringo_ wrote:
Poppa19 wrote:
Mythopoeika wrote:

Tony.

I think what Myth meant was what made you think that it was a demon rather than any other explanation (see Mothman, aliens/UFO's, Cryptoids etc)

Yep.

Edit: And yes, I did read your post in its entirety. I just generally think it's a good idea not to jump to conclusions.
MoookstaOffline
Muppet
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poppa19 wrote:

You're gonna like me mate...found the story and also found another, this one taking place in Glasgow.

The thread of "Disembodied Eyes"

EDIT: Interesting Poppa uses the same expression used by others..."they just faded away"
MythopoeikaOffline
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moooksta wrote:
Interesting Poppa uses the same expression used by others..."they just faded away"

Like the Cheshire Cat! Mr. Green
Poppa19Offline
Grey
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moooksta wrote:
Poppa19 wrote:

You're gonna like me mate...found the story and also found another, this one taking place in Glasgow.

The thread of "Disembodied Eyes"

EDIT: Interesting Poppa uses the same expression used by others..."they just faded away"

Cheers Mook, i knew you'd come up trumps. Thank you, it was an interesting read
Poppa19Offline
Grey
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythopoeika wrote:
Moooksta wrote:
Interesting Poppa uses the same expression used by others..."they just faded away"

Like the Cheshire Cat! Mr. Green

I thought it was the smile that faded last Myth Very Happy
MoookstaOffline
Muppet
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poppa19 wrote:

Cheers Mook, i knew you'd come up trumps. Thank you, it was an interesting read

You're very welcome sir.

I love a good disembodied eyes story myself having encountered Cormons in south west France. One of the links on that thread discuss a "large, catlike entity".
Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - Poltergeists and entities All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: