Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Cardboard Boxes Following Me - Help Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 21436
PostPosted: 02-06-2014 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine was chased by trees but he had taken magic mushrooms.
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13082
PostPosted: 02-06-2014 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of Schrodinger's Cat so maybe this is the box it was kept in? Now the box is locked away in a room you've no idea if it's alive or not until you unlock the door.
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 9664
PostPosted: 02-06-2014 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spudrick68 wrote:
Is it possible that one person was moving the box ahead of you while another used a phone to record your reactions? I'm just throwing an idea out here.

Yeah...do a search on Youtube...
MercuryCrestOffline
The Severed Head Of A
Total posts: 712
PostPosted: 02-06-2014 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought was that someone had successfully caught a rabbit, but it happened to be big enough to move the box around.

Definitely eerie, though.
Ringo_Offline
Sanitised for your protection
Total posts: 794
PostPosted: 03-06-2014 08:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Derren Brown's new special. Derren Brown: Outside the Box.

Or better still:
Derren Brown: Inside Pandora's Box.

That should take him outside of his comfort zone.
PeteByrdieOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 348
PostPosted: 03-06-2014 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercuryCrest wrote:
My first thought was that someone had successfully caught a rabbit, but it happened to be big enough to move the box around.

Wascally wabbit! I can't imagine pranksters would keep this thing going over such a long period. I see no reason to doubt the box was used to move someone out of a haunted house, and the ghost hitched a ride in the box, but was then thrown out with the rest of the boxes. And is now haunting you, RadioDJ. Sleep well! Twisted Evil Seriously, though, it's a very unusual set of coincidences or something very weird is going on. Actually, RadioDJ hasn't responded to this thread for a couple of days. Has the box got him? Somebody find out where RadioDJ lives and let him out the box!
EnolaGaiaOffline
Total posts: 1538
PostPosted: 03-06-2014 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encountering two(?) boxes approximately 1 year apart isn't all that notable a coincidence.

I'd point out that RadioDJ described the first box, but not the later / second one.

I'd like to know how similar, if not identical, the two boxes were.
PeteByrdieOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 03-06-2014 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnolaGaia wrote:
Encountering two(?) boxes approximately 1 year apart isn't all that notable a coincidence.

It's not for me. But then, I'm a removal man.

EnolaGaia wrote:
I'd point out that RadioDJ described the first box, but not the later / second one.

I'd like to know how similar, if not identical, the two boxes were.

Ahhh, good point! The second box could have been entirely unrelated to the scrapy, self-propelling first box of the previous year. The first box was probably a haunted box from a haunted house removal, while the second was simply a trans-dimensional, chameleonic life-form disguised as a cardboard box in order to find a way into RadioDJ's spare room from where it will begin its dastardly plans of world domination.
davidplanktonOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 438
PostPosted: 03-06-2014 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio DJ's gone quiet. Not in a Rob Brydon's 'man in a box' type of way, but by not posting updates. I hope he's not trapped somewhere.
trevp66Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 259
PostPosted: 03-06-2014 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaaah.......it's a promo box for this game!

http://www.addictinggames.com/puzzle-games/boxman-game.jsp
MercuryCrestOffline
The Severed Head Of A
Total posts: 712
PostPosted: 03-06-2014 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

After years of exhaustive research, these folks have created an animation showing exactly what happened to RadioDJ:

http://explosm.net/movies/144/

(While the clip is fine, the comics are generally NSFW (and funny as hell), so peruse at your own risk.)
PeteByrdieOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 03-06-2014 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercuryCrest wrote:
After years of exhaustive research, these folks have created an animation showing exactly what happened to RadioDJ:

http://explosm.net/movies/144/

That was hilarious! Laughing I got my drawing pad out to quickly draw a picture of a guy being caught in a box for this thread, but that clip does the job so much better.
amarok2005Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 220
PostPosted: 04-06-2014 01:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun thread. What's weird, this is the first time I've read it, and not five hours ago at work, my co-workers had fun with a box. The Tax Commission has finally decided to replace our computers from 1984 with something from this century. There are huge boxes all over the office.

Our boss had to be there to oversee the workmen, despite breaking her coccyx only two days ago. And she brought her grandson, who was out of school and becoming terminally bored.

So a couple of coworkers told the kid to hide in one of the big boxes. They actually taped it shut, and told Robbie (gullible clerk) to roll it out to the curb. He actually put it on a two-wheeled trolley and rolled it away -- then he called, "There's something in the Box!!" And that's when the kid shoved his hand into view (all he could get out through the tape).

What amazed me is, the boy is all but hyperactive, but he stayed completely still and quiet until he was being wheeled away.

. . . When it comes to being haunted by an inanimate object, I posted my own experience on the boards a while back:

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23615&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=amarok2005&start=45
Naughty_FelidOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 223
PostPosted: 04-06-2014 04:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

gncxx wrote:
I've heard of Schrodinger's Cat so maybe this is the box it was kept in? Now the box is locked away in a room you've no idea if it's alive or not until you unlock the door.

Just to update you. The house where the room that contains the box may or may not be there. You won't know until you walk down the street.
RadioDJOffline
Grey
Total posts: 7
PostPosted: 08-06-2014 10:32    Post subject: Re: Cardboard Boxes Following Me - Help Needed Reply with quote

PeteByrdie wrote:
When you say you heard a scraping, like fingernails on a blackboard, loud enough for you to hear above your music, do you mean the kind of noise a heavy cardboard box would make if it were to be dragged across a pavement? Or are we talking about some kind of noise that doesn't remotely resemble anything cardboard should make?

it was a weird echo-y scraping like it was coming from right next to me, even when the box was metres away (when i turned around). It resembled something scraping along the ground, but not necessarily just a box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: