Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Alien Big Cats ( ABCs )
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - mystery quadrupeds
View previous topic :: View next topic  

In your opinion what are alien big cats most likely to be?
Escapees from collections, breeding in the UK countryside
43%
 43%  [ 30 ]
A species of endemic British big cat somehow overlooked by science
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Zooform Phenomena - animal-shaped manifestations of paranormal activity
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Misidentifications of big dogs, normal cats etc
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
A big hoax
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Summat else
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
All of the above
23%
 23%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 69

admin merge
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 13:11    Post subject: Alien Big Cats ( ABCs ) Reply with quote

Last summer a large black cat appeared on the outskirts of Coventry (quite close to the Jaguar factory as it happens) and then disapeared. Well it's back http://iccoventry.ic24.com/0100news/0100localnews/page.cfm?objectid=11184278&method=full in Thursdays edition of the Coventry Evening Telegraph there was a photo of a paw print which measured 4 inches across but I can't find the photo on the web site.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't get your link to work... Sad
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working ok form here Smile Have you tried copy and paste? or just typing it in?Smile
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry, it's working... this reminds me of a case involving a vicar's sons who were startled by an ABC whilst playing in some woods. The kids were so scared they apparently had nightmares for weeks afterwards.
I like the quote from the RSPCA "if it's not savaging anything then it's not a problem..." like, they'll wait until one of these things has a REAL go at someone before classifying it as a problem...
Anyone out there know of any people mysteriously disappearing in areas where ABC's are active...?
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's lucky that someone hasn't been attacked yet. Don't hurt me when I say that many of these have non-abc explainations, but I know that some ARE ABCs that escaped from places. Only taking into account proven or highly likely ABCs someone must have been attacked by now. The only thing I can explain this with is that the cats must be native and learnt that "If we avoid humans, they don't form search parties and kill us"... Evolution is a marvelous thing Smile
Xcom
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there have been a couple of cases where people have been attacked by ABC's, and of course the already beleagured farmers have enough to worry about what with foot and mouth and crop circles... and then losing valued livestock to these beasts, whatever they are.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off on a slight tangent here but last Friday night some friends of mine were travelling to Pembrokshire and just before they reached the Brecon area they swear that they saw an aardvark walking down the road. I personally don't know if I beleive them because its not the most likely place is it? but then an aardvark dosen't really look like anything native they can mix it up with (it wasn't a badger because we had a close encounter with an angry badger two nights later and my friends were with us).Smile
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 19:24    Post subject: Aardvark sighting Reply with quote

I know that this is a long shot, but........ if you've ever seen an otter running, have you noticed how high it's back is arched, much the same shape as an aardvark. I know they're not the same colours or textures, but definitely similar shapes, especially if seen from a distance and in fading light.

Juts a thought !!!

Moggadon
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

They drove past it so they were not all that far away. Might have been an otter' I'll put it to them when I see them at the weekend.Cool
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised I have a report from the Sidmouth Herald from a retired teacher who claimed to be startled by a fully grown and maned African lion while out walking her dogs one afternoon. There's a whole zoo on the loose out there...
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't there wallabies living in Derbyshire somewhere?roll eyes (sarcastic)
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the theory is this: a wild and valuable exotic animal escapes from a zoo. It costs more money to round the damned thing up than it does to replace it... so they "forget" about it...roll eyes (sarcastic)

dunno if I believe that tho' my own researches have found a strong correlation between Alien 'Beast' Sightings and ufo's...

Last edited by Guest on 30-07-2001 21:21; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-07-2001 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big cat of the panther type was seen in our part of North Wales back in June this year.

I saw the hindquarters and tail of what seemed to be a big cat disappearing over the garden wall!
phadroxOffline
Grey
Total posts: 21
PostPosted: 31-07-2001 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Aberdeenshire, Scotland for the Americans, there are several of these ABC's. My little brother has seen one and the rest of my family and my girlfriend saw one in a seperate inceident. I'm the only one who hasn't seen it!Sad
My little brother saw it when feeding the goats one morning. Yes, I live on a farm. He looked out of their door in the barn and saw a feline head looking over the wall about 15 feet away from him. Before he could do anything it disappeared. Since then we have seen black shapes running around on the hill next to us but since they are seen from more than half a mile away they could be anything.
My whole family saw one whilst we were driving back from the north coast. The animal ran out in front of the car and down into the ditch at the side of the road. From there it ran into a drainage ditch and disappeared. It was described as about 3 foot long, black and feline. I was in the car but was reading at the time so missed it.
Round here it's known as the Turriff Panther, after a local town.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 03-08-2001 19:20    Post subject: Alien Big Cats (ABC´s) Reply with quote

Quote:
Let´s talk about the black bird, Mr Spade - Gutman
Cool I was on holiday in Dorset a couple of years ago and wandering around the little village glanced over a low fence to see a "Big Cat" prowling along the far end of the field about 100 feet from me, bright daylight, perfect "seeing" conditions.
I froze and watched it make it´s way stealthily around the perimeter of the field, I was desperately trying to find some background item to give me a scale, but it was all low shrubs and grass, it turned at the far corner and walked beside the fence towards me - this was too good to be true - I even had a camera! It got closer and I could make out the low slinking, feline walk, the ears pricked up and the eyes, dark but visible...

okay, I can´t let this go on....as it came within maybe 25 feet the true scale became evident, it was a domestic moggy, a big bugger but whether it was my preconception of an ABC or just the lack of background items to show it´s true size, but I shall treat "eye-witness reports" with caution after this sobering experience
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - mystery quadrupeds All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 1 of 60

Jump to: