Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Black Stick Man
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous
PostPosted: 15-06-2003 23:50    Post subject: this is excellent Reply with quote

I saw three thin dark "beings" walking right in the middle of the dirt road in front of our farmhouse when I was a kid. Just for the record, this is the same farm that I had a UFO sighting at but I think this "tall dark thin beings" thing was a couple of years later.

I was myself out in the road, probably because I liked to visit/experiment on/antagonize the large red ant den there.

I remember looking down the road and distinctly seeing the three figures, who seemed to be walking abreast and coming in my direction. They weren't all the exact same height but within a few inches anyway. They seemed to be over well over six feet tall. It was a typical, normal summer day. And strangely enough the did seem to be "lolloping" along as described in another post.

I remember thinking that it must be the neighbors from down the road coming to visit or something and looked away for a moment but felt uneasy because there was some strange feeling that something wasn't right. They shouldn't have seemed so tall and dark. So I looked again in the direction they had been and they were gone. I had only looked away for a couple of seconds. It really frightened me and to this day I distinctly remember this episode and get the shivers. I never could explain it. I'm glad to hear of other similar things from other people, whatever it may be.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 05-07-2003 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest...Do the stick people look flat, or do they look tubular, or didn't you all get close enough to see, also were they jointed or bendy? Did these things start appearing after the stick man from the saint was first 'on screen' as Keel talks about these entities reflecting things in our world as a tool to get their foot in the door, as it were. Does anyone know any stories from their parents and grandparents generation?

This is all fascinating stuff, eh?Very Happy

It boggles the mind what a rich variety of sightings there are - what with dog-headed men, stick people, vortexes, etc.Eek Eek
mrpoulticeOffline
Wandering the fens..looking at the moon
Total posts: 377
PostPosted: 28-07-2004 22:05    Post subject: BUMP Reply with quote

What with this thread being a year older since it last saw the light of day! And so many nice new shiney people around recently.
I thought it would be worth giving it a quick dusting off, to see if anyone has anything new to add to it.

Mr P

Last edited by mrpoultice on 29-07-2004 08:04; edited 1 time in total
BannikOffline
It's not easy being green
Total posts: 1089
PostPosted: 29-07-2004 00:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, Mr. Poultice. And I agree they do seem shiney.Smile
LeaferneOffline
Defrost indoors
Total posts: 4785
PostPosted: 29-07-2004 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I googled for bowtruckle but couldn't find a reference to it which wasn't related to Harry Potter. Mad "Stick man" (in this thread's context) means something else altogether.
GuildNavigatorOffline
Grey
Total posts: 23
PostPosted: 31-07-2004 08:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was going to art school I stayed in this really crappy place the school was using for first year student housing.
There were 4 of us living in the cramped attic of this place. Anyway, Late one night I was coming up the stairs to hit the sac when I saw this thing standing over my sleeping room mate.
It looked kind of like the robots from the end of A.I. only black and less ropey. It it didn't seam to have any highlights on it showing much depth but there was a light behind it that probably didn't help. It didn't pay me any mind either it was just focused on my room mate. For some reason It just didn't seam out of the ordinary to me at the time and I got into bed and went to sleep. The whole thing just didn't hit me as important until the next day when I told him about it.
I think I kind of freaked him out. About a week later he left the school in the middle of the night leaving all of his possessions behind. Never saw it again.

Last edited by GuildNavigator on 31-07-2004 08:54; edited 1 time in total
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 10743
PostPosted: 31-07-2004 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he was OK. Did you find out if he just left, or did he disappear off the face of the earth?
austen27Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1335
PostPosted: 01-08-2004 00:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythopoeika wrote:

Hope he was OK. Did you find out if he just left, or did he disappear off the face of the earth?

The Stick man got him!Eek Eek

You take these things very calmly Guild!
GuildNavigatorOffline
Grey
Total posts: 23
PostPosted: 01-08-2004 01:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he took his car. Just didn't take any of his clothing or personal items. I still have one of his shirts. Very Happy We were all under a lot of stress and geting verry little sleep so it could have very well been my mind playing tricks on me. I was the only one awake at the time so I didn't have much to back my story up.
austen27Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1335
PostPosted: 01-08-2004 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE STICK MAN STOLE HIS CAR TOO!Eek Eek

No I am being silly there. Wink

I just find it an interesting case. It reminds me a bit of the mothman encounters. The way you were not scared at the time, the sort of real/unreal nature of the encounter.

I wonder if there are some experiences into which we project the images of the things we fear - Lobelia Overhill on another thread saw aliens, other people see ghosts or big black dogs. If we have no particular belief do we jut see stick men? Are these the holes into which we project our fears - do our fears disguse the real nature of these strange visitors. I'm rambeling now I know, but this is a fascinating subject.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 04-08-2004 11:21    Post subject: "Sticky" Icons & logos Reply with quote

I agree with Mr P that this is an interesting thread.

Harking back to Chants question as to appearance & timing of Stick men, has anyone else seen the rather creepy stickman on C5 SWAG- I saw it for the first time after reading this thread last week.
blakta2Offline
The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out....
Total posts: 139
PostPosted: 05-08-2004 15:01    Post subject: what is it? Reply with quote

What is C5 SWAG? I would like to see the creepy stick man too! Is it a t.v. program? probably one I don't get.
I must admit that I have opened my mind since I first became entranced by the paranormal. I only used to believe in Ghosts and Hauntings. I totally disbelieved any "Strange unknown creature" stories. I began to extend my research and at least try and see these stories with an open mind. Now I have a completely different opinion about our so called reality.

~Kim~
Anonymous
PostPosted: 05-08-2004 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWAG is a program on British tv, on a channel called Channel 5, hence the C5 abbreviation. Sorry, but I don't think you'll get it in Alaska, it barely has demand to broadcast in the UK, let alone America. Although swag is good.
blakta2Offline
The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out....
Total posts: 139
PostPosted: 05-08-2004 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad.
~Kim~
Footey2Offline
Grey
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: 12-08-2004 13:21    Post subject: Stick "like" entity Reply with quote

These stories bring back a memory of an event that happened to me about 3 years ago. My family and I were returning home by van after a visit to the relatives. My oldest son was driving and I was in the passenger seat to supervise him. It was Sept. and sunset was about an hour away with partly cloudy skies. Although cool, the country road was clear and dry with good visibility. We were about 5 miles from home and approaching an intersection notorious for for traffic fatalities. So I stopped my day dreaming and focused on the intersection ahead to look for potential trouble, such as approaching vehicles that failed to observe the stop signs, when "it" caught my eye. "It" first appeared (~150 meters) to be a dark fiqure on a bike on our side of the road, just to the other side of the intersection. I told my son to slow down from the 55 mph we were traveling. As we got closer I noticed that this thing was not on a bike nor was it a deer that we usually hit that time of year. I judged its height at about 8-9 ft. and it turned, or should I say more of a rotational jump, to look in our direction. It was dark grey and with long,gangly, almost tubular limbs. The "arms" seemed to reach to the ground although it seemed upright. The human-like head was a lighter color with a pointed face. If there was a torso to it, it was small as the head appeared to end almost at the conjuntion of the limbs. At this point my emotions came to life. I had the intense feeling that this thing was very aware of my noticeing it and that it was somewhat suprised by the fact. I also had a feeling of dread as if there was an inherent maliciousness to it. We are now less then 50 metere away at this time. At this point it bolted across the road in less than a second and traveled along the opposite shoulder, then off the road into a open field at a speed faster than any deer I have hunted. The best way to describe it's locomotion would be like that of an arachnid. I followed it with my eyes until it went into a nearby woodlot. My son asked me, "What the hell was that?" After being left speechless for a second I said that I had no idea but it defintely was not a deer or person. (Way too big and fast)
We pulled over and scanned the woods and field for signs of it or anything else for that matter but with no success.
Although I saw it very clearly, I still have a difficult time trying to put "its" description into words. There was one thing I saw in the sci-fi movie, "Lost in Space" that reminded me of what I had seen. That would have been the Dr. Smith charactor that had transformed into a spider like creature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: