Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Black Stick Man
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 9702
PostPosted: 12-08-2004 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than one second to cross the road!!!
Scary. Eek Eek
Pshaw13Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 109
PostPosted: 12-08-2004 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Lord that was a scary experience !Eek Eek
Seeing that would have left me traumatized for life.

Maybe one day all vehicles will be equiped with forward facing video cameras like some police cars are and we can finally get some good video evidence of the weird creatures people see.
PostPosted: 12-08-2004 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....Or not!
lol!Very Happy
Anonymous
PostPosted: 14-08-2004 02:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps these things are some sort of fauna that we simply haven't found out anything about, due to extreme cunning and instinct. Perhaps it is on a level similar to that of the 'Black Panther' and the 'Black Dog' reports.
VitriusOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 196
PostPosted: 14-08-2004 06:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

These kind of reports have a charm made out of combining the utterly surreal with the somehow-sympathetic and believable. But one thing that gets me is how they happen to people at random, unexpected (as though you'd expect!) times. I mean, I LOOK, and as I've posted about before, I haven't seen a whole lot of anything I'm willing to count as actual phenomena (vs. sleep deprivation-induced hallucinations for instance).

It would be interesting to see if there are time overlaps in the sightings, though we already have a noon and early morning account. The first, the morning encounter, got me thinking about how the center AM's seem to occupy their own little deminsion. I wonder if shift workers might have more Fortean events to report than day workers.
GuildNavigatorOffline
Grey
Total posts: 23
PostPosted: 14-08-2004 07:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a link to another stick figure thing.

http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_september03_10.htm
Anonymous
PostPosted: 15-08-2004 09:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am new to this message board and enjoy reading the experiences posted here. Anyways, I saved this story on my computer 2-3 years ago:

Stick Indians
By: ladybug1137@home.com
Not many people have heard of them. No one knows if they truley exsist, but I believe they do. There are reports in the Colville reservation in Washington State, but Colville Natives won't talk about it. I have never personally encountered them...but family members have...and I don't believe they would lie about such phenomena. Anyway. Stick Indians, so I have heard, are extremely tall beings who do not speak in words, but in creaks, howls, and whistles. They are only out at night in the woods of Colville, near Disatell Pass. They live along creaks and streams and have been known to steal fish from fisherman in the area...and people out in the open.
My uncle and his wife's family were camping up in that particular area one night...they had two tents. One for him and his wife, and another for her parents. They were camped near a stream and were fishing all day. That night they heard strange noises... whistles and wierd clicking noises...like that of a human. My uncle stuck his head out of his tent to see what was going on when he saw 4 or 5 extremely tall, and very thin creatures on two legs, over by there fishnets signalling back and forth to each other. My uncle was terrified, but he quickly ran to his in-law's tent and asked them what was going on. The father told him to lie down and shut up. That they were Stick Indians and if they made too much noise they might be attacked. He said no one had ever survived an encounter with them and to just be still. As long as they didn't know they were there they would be fine.
When my uncle came home he was so terrified. He still, to this day, will not go near Disatell pass. If he goes fishing, he goes in the morning and is home at least a couple hours before dark.
austen27Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1186
PostPosted: 15-08-2004 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathl33n35 wrote:

That they were Stick Indians and if they made too much noise they might be attacked. He said no one had ever survived an encounter with them and to just be still. As long as they didn't know they were there they would be fine.

If no one had survived an encounter with them how would any one know about them?

It is interesting that their seems to be an emerging set of characteristics of these things. I don't think they have had the same publicity as "Greys" so it is interesting to note the similarities of independent reports.

I notice the entity described in the link from Guild Navigator also barked like a dog in common with the "Stick Indians". All very odd.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 15-08-2004 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I find the similarities interesting as well....I think I will see if I can find more information on the Native American legends of these things.
PostPosted: 15-08-2004 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Black Gibbons aren't native to North America..........

[size=42]? [/SIZE]
Anonymous
PostPosted: 15-08-2004 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

spillage wrote:

Although Black Gibbons aren't native to North America..........

[size=42]? [/SIZE]

Yeah I know what you mean , I just simply meant that if the story I posted has any truth to it, that person stated that certain tribes in Washington had stories about these things. I was hoping to find them ... but no luck so far.
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 9702
PostPosted: 15-08-2004 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these stick indians interdimensional beings or something? I.e., do they have the ability to go off somewhere and hide from us?
If they're a real tribe, surely everyone would know about them by now?

Tell us some more, I'm fascinated.
austen27Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1186
PostPosted: 15-08-2004 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having a look on Google. The Stick Indians are interpreted as a number of things from a real indian tribe, to a cryptid, to spirits.

http://www.n2.net/prey/bigfoot/biology/fusch.htm

http://www.unfilmable.com/GC_checklist.html

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/2000/1030/Story2.html

Quote:

There was an arrow-point maker on the right side of the Columbia, three miles below WInquatt. One day this man cut his finger with flint so it bled. He put his finger in his mouth, liked the taste of blood, ate his finger off, then his hand, pulled his flesh from his arms, legs, and body, and ate it all. At last he had only a little bit of flesh left that was below his shoulders on his back, where he could not reach it. He was a skeleton now; nothing but his bones were left, only his heart hung in his body. He went to the next village and ate all the people. They could not kill him, nothing would penetrate his bones.
Eek Eek

Photo labeled "Stick Indians" from the 1890s.

http://vilda.alaska.edu/cgi-bin/viewer.exe?CISOROOT=/cdmg21&CISOPTR=642&CISORESTMP=&CISOVIEWTMP=

I think Stick Indian is taken to mean "Indians from the sticks" (as in forest or wilderness) in some contexts.

Last edited by austen27 on 15-08-2004 14:11; edited 1 time in total
Isis177Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 506
PostPosted: 15-08-2004 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

This puts me in mind of some creatures the aboriginals in the north of Australia believe in called the quinkins. They were supposed to be so thin they could slip between the rocks. There were supposed to be two different kinds, one good and one bad. The bad ones were supposed to lure children away. There was a series of picture story books my children used to have by someone called Roughsey
Anonymous
PostPosted: 15-08-2004 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathl33n35 wrote:

who do not speak in words, but in creaks, howls, and whistles.

That night they heard strange noises... whistles and wierd clicking noises...like that of a human.

Like the Owl in Clash of the Titans?

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15797&highlight=Clash+of+the+Titans

mooks out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: