Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Chupacabras
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - mystery quadrupeds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous
PostPosted: 01-11-2001 15:53    Post subject: El Chupacabra Article at HowStuffWorks Reply with quote

Hello all. I found an accidental link to a new article with new pictures on the Chupacabara this morning at HowStuffWorks. You can't get to it from a regular link but the article still exists at http://www.howstuffworks.com/chupacabra.htm.

Weird. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Anonymous
PostPosted: 01-11-2001 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody else get to this link? - I'm getting
The requested URL /chupacabra.htm. was not found on this server.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 01-11-2001 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stranger still that link no longer works for me either but I was looking at the vampire article and there is a link to it on that page which works.
http://www.howstuffworks.com/vampire1.htm

Hmmm.confused
rynner
PostPosted: 01-11-2001 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an unwanted full stop after ..htm

This works
http://www.howstuffworks.com/chupacabra.htm

rynner
Anonymous
PostPosted: 01-11-2001 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh!

Thanks for spotting that, sorry my fault.Smile
admin merge
PostPosted: 22-11-2001 08:53    Post subject: Chupacabras Reply with quote

Does anyone know what has happened to the chupacabras? It has got to be my favorite little mystery creature, but I havn't heard anything about it for ages?
RichardSimmons
PostPosted: 22-11-2001 08:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently they have went away.. people think that they have eitherbeen killed out or finally become exstinct and other people think that they have gotten into theyre space ships and flew off to where they came from.
Just as a matter of interest does anyone know how far back the legend of the chupacabra goes?? i.e are they present in ancient history just like nessie ufos and big foot?
Anonymous
PostPosted: 25-11-2001 14:43    Post subject: Where is the 'sucker ? Reply with quote

The Chupacabras still seems to be active although reports are coming in from all over the place. A lot of it seems to be connected to the cultural beliefs though but the reports seem to go back quite a few years. Once again though, something only seems more active once the press get hold of it.
I think the eye-witness reports are very interesting but I don't believe the animal to be alien, but supernatural is another thing. The legend has been created but updates are scarce - locals believe that the 'things' live in the cave systems but Puerto Rico seems genuinely weird anyway - read Timothy Goods latest book UNEARTHLY DISCLOSURE.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 25-11-2001 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite fancy a jaunt into those caves you mentioned...see if I can't bag one of those critters and bring it back. While I'm down there, it might be an iidea to try and get 'el Cobra Grande', too...
and dinosaurs, no doubt...I'm looking for the obligatory inept, screaming woman, absent minded scientist, etc...
Anonymous
PostPosted: 25-11-2001 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a good bit of chupa and UFO activity in northern and central Chile right now.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 25-11-2001 21:11    Post subject: Ta very much Reply with quote

I'll look out for that book - I actually had a bit of a brush with fame in the form of Timothy Good. I was going to do a project on the Abduction phenonemon and was going to meet him to pick his brains. After a few phone calls and a dissapointing number of "abductees" he called off our meeting - other commitments.

I suppose it was more of a slight comb rather than a brush!
tang-malow
PostPosted: 26-11-2001 00:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think there could be a link between the Jersey Devil and the chupacabra? I read somewhere that many of the modern day Jersey Devil accounts are similar if not identical to chupacabra accounts.

I must add i dont think there is a link between UFO/Aliens and chupacabras, unless it could be some form of alien dogs that one of the poor little greys forgot to chain up to his flying saucer.
PostPosted: 06-02-2002 00:36    Post subject: Supposed Chupa Photo Reply with quote

I've seen this photo thrown around on several websites, with different sites reporting it coming from different areas. Can't seem to find a straight answer about it, but the relative consensus seems to be that this is the dreaded chupacabra, after meeting the front end of a dreaded Lincoln Continental.
PostPosted: 06-02-2002 00:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, another Fortean mystery, as my attached image seems to have been abducted. You can view the image here
http://www.geocities.com/fatster2000/ricky_2002/index.htm
Simply click on the Chupacabra link on the side bar. Its the first image that pops up.
TheBeast17Offline
Acutely Obtuse
Total posts: 194
PostPosted: 06-02-2002 08:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very probably fake.

The website belongs to Ricky2002, whos name you may have seen on these boards a few times.

He's a Troll of the highest order, and not to be trusted. Visit a thread about him in the Chat topic, I think.

He also posted some comments on that site about members of these boards, I was one of them. The comments were less-than-complimentary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - mystery quadrupeds All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: